The first challenge that I am attempting is the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge.
It is hosted by Bookish and runs from January 1 - December 31, 2014. The goal is to read books that you've had on your bookshelf for awhile.
1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014.
2. Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
3. Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBRPILE Reading Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
8. On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, here, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
9. If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
10. December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
11. You don't have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2014)
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - First Kiss
31-40 - Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 - Could this be love?
50+ - Married With Children
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I am choosing:
1-10 A Firm Handshake:
1. Not a Girl Detective by Susan Kandel
2. Primetime Propaganda by Ben Shapiro
3. Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel by Hallie Ephron
4. Out of the Shadows by Joanne Rendell
5. Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock
6. Boo by Rene Gutteridge
7. Dark Star by Creston Mapes
8. Introducing Vivien Leigh Reid by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout
The 8 books that I have chosen have been on my bookshelf for at least a year, some several years. I am looking forward to finally setting some time next year to read each of them.